Application for variation of a premises licence (uncontested application)
Fixed fee example for an application for variation of a premises licence (uncontested application).
Fixed fee of £1,200 (including VAT but excluding disbursements).
This fee is made of up:
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as the application fee. We will pay the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process:
- application fee (payable to licensing authority) £100 to £1,905, depending on the rateable value of your premises *,
- advertising fee £250 plus VAT;*
- special delivery fee to serve the application £6.50 to £8.60;printing additional copies of plans if necessary ££2.00 plus VAT @ A1.*
- These fees vary depending on the individual premises and where it is located. We will give you an accurate figure for each item as soon as we are able to do so.
- taking your instructions and advising you as to how you can proceed with your application;
- if required, advising you as to the requirements for the plans that you are required to submit with your application. You must provide suitable plans;
- providing guidance on the fee levels payable to the licensing authority;
- completing the application form for variation of the premises licence (including the operating schedule) in accordance with your instructions and submitting this to the local licensing authority together with the plans;
- preparing copies of the premises licence application for submission to the responsible authorities and serving copies of the application on the responsible authorities;
- drafting the notices advertising the application and submitting the notice to the local newspaper;
- arranging with you for you to display the notice(s) advertising the application and advising as to where and how this should be done by you in order to comply with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003;
- liaising with the licensing authority throughout the representation period;
- at the end of the representation period, confirming with the licensing authority that no representations received and application granted;
- checking the licence once issued and correcting any errors with the licensing authority.
- obtaining suitable plans;
- attending pre-consultation meetings with the Licensing Authority or Responsible Authorities and conducting negotiations on your behalf. If negotiations or attendance at such meetings are required then we will provide a separate fee estimate for this work which will be charged at an hourly rate;
- dealing with or advising you in relation to queries or representations received from either the responsible authorities or other persons. If such advice is required then we will provide a separate fee estimate for this work which will be charged at an hourly rate;
- attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee hearing of the licensing authority. If representations are received and attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee is required then we will provide a separate fee estimate for this work which will be charged at an hourly rate.
How long will my application take?
Matters usually take six weeks from receipt of full instructions from you. This is on the basis of the application being relatively straightforward and you being able to provide all the necessary documents promptly. If your matter is more complex, for example if there is substantial opposition, or if there is a delay in receiving the documents we need, it may take longer.
We all look forward to the lighter nights, but are you aware of the effect that the commencement of British Su...
84 Friar Lane
You can obtain the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) once completing your BIIAB Level 2 training, which has been a service provided to Nottinghamshire by Fraser Brown solicitors for over 10 years. ...
The First-Tier Tribunal has allowed the appeal of Greene King against the decision of the Gambling Commission ...
On 8 July, the Supreme Court found against The Rank Group plc (‘Rank’) in the latest decision on the long-...