When considering setting up a business you may require planning permission. Check with the Council’s Planning Department that the premises have suitable permissions for the type of business you are looking to operate from the site. It is prudent to also check whether the Council has restricted the hours the site can open and ask whether there are any other restrictions on the planning permission.
If you are changing the existing use of the property then you may require the council’s consent of the proposed use. You may be required to:
- Ask the Planning Department what is the likelihood of planning permission being Granted
- Have Plans drafted of the existing building and the proposed changes
- Complete a set of planning application forms
- Set out in a supporting statement why you think planning permission should be Granted.
- Submit the planning application to the Council with a fee of £350.00 (dependant on council).
We can provide specialist advice to a seller or buyer and can act on your behalf to check the planning history of a site or assist in directing you to a Planning Consultant to make the planning application on your behalf. Planning is a complex matter.
Planning Consultants can guide you through the pitfalls of the planning process dealing with the planning application submission, negotiation with the local Council and any planning appeal.