Geoff Buck

Consultant Solicitor

Personal Injury

Personal Injury Q & A

Geoff Buck


I was involved in a road accident some weeks ago. I was waiting at a set of traffic lights when my car was hit from behind by another vehicle. At the time I didn"t think I was really injured but I am still suffering from some pain and stiffness in my neck. The police didn"t attend the accident and there were no witnesses. Can I bring a claim and what would be the best way of going about it?


Yes, you can certainly bring a claim in respect of your injuries against the driver of the vehicle which caused the accident.

Many people believe that unless the police attend the scene of an accident it wouldn"t be classed as "serious" enough to bring a claim but this is not the case. What matters is that you were able to obtain the other driver"s details and those of his or her insurance company.

It is not even necessary for the driver to have admitted liability for the accident at the scene. You could instruct a solicitor to act for you on a "no win, no fee" basis and they will be able to advise you as to the procedure involved in bringing a claim.

Firstly though, I would advise you to check your own motor policy to see if you have the benefit of legal expenses insurance cover to help you pursue the claim.

If you would like to ask our Personal Injury Department a question please call 01159 888 777 or email


Thank you for your contribution. Your comment will appear on the site once approved.

Sorry something has happen! Please try again.

Sitemap | Ask a question | Careers | Accessibility | Terms of Use | How we handle your data

© 2019 Fraser Brown Solicitors. Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
SRA Number: 0048586   |SRA |  VAT Number: 116 4751 78

Fraser Brown is a partnership of limited companies. Any references to partners in any document should be taken as being references to the directors of the limited companies and not to individual partners of the firm.