There are many changes expected in property law during the course of 2014. These cover both commercial and residential property. Some of the key points to look out for include:
- Implementation of the commercial rent arrears recovery scheme
- Proposals to assist businesses in England with the cost of business rates
- A focus on tighter regulation of the privately rented sector
- More detail on the reform of the Common Agricultural Policy
- Changes to the planning regime for nationally significant infrastructure projects
- The Law Commission’s response on its Rights to Light consultation
- The Help to Buy schemes which are up and running, and additional support for Right to Buy
- Consultation on the introduction of Capital Gains Tax on disposals of UK residential property for non-UK residents for Capital Gains Tax.
- Changes to building regulations
- Changes to energy efficiency regulations
- The Water Bill 2013 -14 is expected to be implemented
At Fraser Brown, our property department keep up to date with all the latest legislation and can advise on any issues relating to commercial or residential property.