Number of zero hours contracts continues to rise

A survey recently conducted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) has revealed that approximately 697,000 individuals were employed on zero hours contracts as their main employment during the period of October to December 2014.

Failure to engage in ADR could reduce costs awarded

The High Court has recently penalised a successful defendant for failing to engage in ADR (alternative dispute resolution) by only awarding it two-thirds of its costs.

The Insolvency Order 2015

From 1 October this year, the Insolvency (Protection of Essential Supplies) Order will come into effect.

Fraser Brown at Super Strength alcohol parliamentary inquiry

The All Party Parliamentary Beer Group recently held an Inquiry into super strength alcohol schemes. Members of the licensing team from Fraser Brown Solicitors were invited to attend the Inquiry, which was held in the House of Lords.


19.Feb.2015 | Licensing

Divorce centres

2014 saw the introduction of the single Family Court. Following these significant changes in family law, a network of centralised divorce centres will now be established. Sara Tomlinson explains the purpose of these in more detail.

Fraser Brown advises on changes to Intestacy Rules

The Inheritance and Trustees Powers Act 2014 (ITPA 2014) affects the way in which assets of those people who die without making a will are shared between their relatives. Joanne Buckley of Fraser Brown Solicitors explains this in more detail.

Shared Parental Leave - the new regime

April 2015 sees a big shake up of parental leave rights in the UK, as explained by Ewan Carr.

Obesity as a disability - an update

Ewan Carr discusses the Danish case of FOA (Kaltoft) v Billund.

Unfit to return to work

Miss Doran worked for the DWP and went on sick leave from 10 January 2010 owing to stress. She submitted a medical certificate and asked if part-time hours could be considered going forward. John Buchanan discusses the case.

What can constitute a settlement

In the case of Bieber and others v Teathers Limited a court held that an exchange of emails between the claimants' solicitors and the defendant's solicitors constituted a binding settlement.

Fraser Brown work with Trent Instruments

The commercial property department at Fraser Brown has recently assisted a Nottingham based company to purchase larger premises.

A view on Nottingham's skyline

At the recent Nottingham Professional Services (NPS) panel event, the skyline of Nottingham (or lack of) was discussed in the context of developing the city and future infrastructure investment.

Search Articles

TWEETS @fraserbrownlaw

Sitemap | Ask a question | Careers | Accessibility | Terms of Use | How we handle your data

© 2020 Fraser Brown Solicitors. Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
SRA Number: 0048586   |SRA |  VAT Number: 116 4751 78

Fraser Brown is a partnership of limited companies. Any references to partners in any document should be taken as being references to the directors of the limited companies and not to individual partners of the firm.