Senior Associate, Dispute Resolution
A specialist in commercial litigation, Lloyd has developed significant expertise in complex cases, including those where the issues traverse several jurisdictions.
He advises on all aspects of commercial disputes including corporate and shareholder disputes, fraud and disputes arising out of corporate transactions and commercial contract claims.
Lloyd also practices in the field of professional liability both presenting and defending claims against professional advisers such as solicitors, surveyors, architects and financial institutions. His financial services expertise includes advice in relation to hedge funds, misleading statements and practices, corporate finance issues, misselling of financial products and commodities disputes. Lloyd has acted for financial services clients including brokers and hedge fund managers.
Lloyd has advised on insolvency and restructuring issues, providing bespoke and pro-active advice to insolvency practitioners, company directors, creditors and debtors.
- Shareholder disputes
- Commercial contract claims
- Financial services disputes
- Professional negligence
- Regulatory investigations
- Disqualification of Directors
- Corporate Rescue and Recovery
Recent case experience includes:
• Advised a US client in relation to a US$30m commodities market manipulation.
• Acting for a claimant in an action against a mainstream bank in relation to the misselling of interest rate hedging products including a claim for consequential loss, valued at £20m.
• Advising a shareholder in relation to a multi-million pound unfair prejudice claim in relation to a minority shareholding.
• Successfully defended a widow who was accused by a beneficiary of her late husband’s estate of misappropriating estate assets valued at US$20m.
• Acting on a claim to discharge an asset freezing order in the matter of Anglo Financial SA v Goldberg  EWHC 3192 (Ch).
• Acting for a Petitioner in Unfair Prejudice proceedings in both the Supreme Court and High Court, against (inter alia) two Saudi Royal Princes. Re FI Call Limited: Apex Global Management Ltd v HRH Prince Abdulaziz Al Saud, HRH Prince Mishal Al Saud, et al.  EWHC 223 (Ch),  EWHC 1652 (Ch),  EWCA Civ 642.
Fiona Boswell presents the results of the survey Fraser Brown conducted at the National Franchise Exhibition 2...
Fraser Brown acted for one of Irelands largest importer and wholesalers of furniture into the UK market prepa...