From 6th December 2018 the SRA transparency rules mean we must display prices and service information for the work we provide in the following areas:
- Conveyancing (residential)
- Probate (uncontested)
- Employment tribunals (unfair / wrongful dismissal)
- Debt recovery (up to £100,000)
- Licensing applications (business premises)
- Provide a total cost, if this is not possible provide an average or range of costs
- Explain the basis of our charges, including and hourly rate or fixed fees
- Highlight likely disbursements, and their costs
- Be clear on whether VAT is included
- For conditional or damages based fees, explain when clients may have to make payments
For service information we must:
- Explain what services are included for the quoted price
- Highlight any services not included within the price, which a client may reasonably expect to be
- Include information on key stages and typical timescales of these
- Publish the qualifications and experience of anyone carrying out the work and of their supervisors
There is a link on each of the web pages for the areas of work that are effected by these rules which takes you to the relevant department's information regarding transparency. Alternatively you can click on the links above.
Alternatively you can contact us by T: 0115 9888 777 or E: info @fraserbrown.com to ask for a copy of our transparency information for any of these areas.
Most, if not all, commercial leases restrict what a tenant can do and in other cases the tenant can only act w...
Agricultural Property Relief (APR) is a relief against inheritance tax. It applies both during a person’s li...
The Association of Convenience Stores (ACS) 2019 Crime Report and Guidance highlights the cost and impact of c...
- Commercial Property
If you are an owner, landlord, tenant or managing agent of a commercial property you may be responsible for ma...
84 Friar Lane
You can obtain the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) once completing your BIIAB Level 2 training, which has been a service provided to Nottinghamshire by Fraser Brown solicitors for over 12 years. ...
In the recent Debenhams' Company Voluntary Arrangement case, the High Court rejected an application brought by...
Fiona Boswell presents the results of the survey Fraser Brown conducted at the National Franchise Exhibition 2...