Top Ten Tips when considering taking on a Licensed Premises
- Review the current premises licence in force which you should obtain from the Licensing Authority. Licensing
- Check that the hours work for your business needs.
- Ensure that the licence covers all of the licensable activities that you are planning.
- Check all of the licence conditions to ensure that they will suit your requirements and seek an assurance from the seller that the conditions have not previously been breached.
- Check that the plan matches the layout of the premises – if it does not then it will need to be varied.
- Review whether both on-sales and off-sales are included, particularly if you are planning on using an outside area.
- Check with Licensing Authority whether there are any current proceedings being taken against the licence including reviews or appeals. Take professional advice if so.
- Ensure that you are sure about who actually holds the licence. If the licence holder has entered into any form of insolvency, or has died, then the licence may have expired and strict time limits apply for reinstatement.
- Review any lease if applicable to check for any restrictions. Have regard to anything relating to service charges, trading hours and the use of premises including outside areas.
- Check planning permissions in place for the premises ensuring that the class use is correct. Also look for conditions - These may restrict trading hours or potential use of outside areas.
The Government has announced that it will proceed with an Order that allows the extension of licensing hours i...
Castle Rock are looking to bring new life to Sneinton Market. Fraser Brown's licensing team assisted their mos...
A recent BBC panorama report highlighted the abuse airlines currently face from drunken passengers. The Home O...
84 Friar Lane
You can obtain the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) once completing your BIIAB Level 2 training, which has been a service provided to Nottinghamshire by Fraser Brown solicitors for over 10 years. ...
The First-Tier Tribunal has allowed the appeal of Greene King against the decision of the Gambling Commission ...
On 8 July, the Supreme Court found against The Rank Group plc (‘Rank’) in the latest decision on the long-...