Training for Personal Licence Holders
Under the Licensing Act 2003, a designated premises supervisor or anyone authorising the supply of alcohol must hold a personal licence.
In order to qualify, an applicant must hold a licensing qualification which is accredited and government approved.
The BIIAB Level 2 Award is a nationally recognised qualification designed for anyone authorising the sale of alcohol in licensed premises including:
• Pubs• Sports and social clubs
• Restaurants• Hotels• Nightclubs
• Off-licences• Supermarkets
• Casinos along with any other venue or site where alcohol is supplied under the authority of a Premises Licence.
The course covers:
• the roles, responsibilities and functions of Licensing Authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
• the application process for a Personal Licence
• the role and legal responsibilities of the Personal Licence Holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
• the Premises Licence
• the content and purpose of operating schedules
• the role and duties of the Designated Premises Supervisor
• unauthorised licensable activities
• permitted temporary licensable activities
• rights of entry to licensed premises
• police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
• the specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
• the strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body
• the protection of children from harm
• the responsible retail sale of alcohol
We are qualified and approved course providers and run a training course on the first Tuesday of every month throughout the year at a cost of £150 +VAT, which includes a tasty lunch.
Our pass rate for the course is 100%. (2016 - 2017 figs)
See our events section for details of upcoming courses and for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Castle Rock are looking to bring new life to Sneinton Market. Fraser Brown's licensing team assisted their mos...
A recent BBC panorama report highlighted the abuse airlines currently face from drunken passengers. The Home O...
84 Friar Lane
You can obtain the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) once completing your BIIAB Level 2 training, which has been a service provided to Nottinghamshire by Fraser Brown solicitors for over 10 years. ...
The First-Tier Tribunal has allowed the appeal of Greene King against the decision of the Gambling Commission ...
On 8 July, the Supreme Court found against The Rank Group plc (‘Rank’) in the latest decision on the long-...