Transfer of Undertakings
If an undertaking is taken over by or is transferred to a new owner or employer, then staff are entitled to transfer to the new employer too, with their existing rights, contracts and continuity of service intact.
Transfer of undertakings (protection of employment), otherwise known as TUPE, applies to undertakings of all sizes, regardless of the number of employees.
There are five main areas that are protected:
- Employment contracts transfer automatically
- Any dismissals or changes to terms and conditions for reasons connected with the transfer are automatically unfair, unless there is an economic, technical or organisational reason to make a change.
- Collective agreements transfer
- Trade union recognition transfers
- The employers are obliged to inform and consult their employees affected by a proposed transfer
- The old employer is obliged to give the new employer written employee liability information
We have experience of working with many companies on TUPE related issues, and, combined with our employment department we can advise and assist on this process.
- BUSINESS ASSETS SALES & PURCHASES
- TRANSFER OF UNDERTAKINGS
- BUSINESS MERGERS
- CORPORATE FINANCE
- MANAGEMENT BUY OUTS (MBO'S)
- MANAGEMENT BUY INS (MBI'S)
- SHARE PURCHASES & SALES
- BANKING & SECURITY DOCUMENTS
- COMPANY FORMATIONS
- COMPANY REORGANISATIONS
- JOINT VENTURES
- LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIPS
- PARTNERSHIP DEEDS
- SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENTS
- Corporate Law
Nottingham-based Fraser Brown Solicitors has acted on the merger between Achieve Media Limited and CNS Media L...
The Association of Convenience Stores (ACS) 2019 Crime Report and Guidance highlights the cost and impact of c...
- Commercial Property
If you are an owner, landlord, tenant or managing agent of a commercial property you may be responsible for ma...
84 Friar Lane
You can obtain the Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) once completing your BIIAB Level 2 training, which has been a service provided to Nottinghamshire by Fraser Brown solicitors for over 12 years. ...
In the recent Debenhams' Company Voluntary Arrangement case, the High Court rejected an application brought by...
Fiona Boswell presents the results of the survey Fraser Brown conducted at the National Franchise Exhibition 2...